Every PC gets slow over time and it is very easy to get back the old speed. The causes of slow processing speed are caches, app residue and other factors that act as barriers against your processor’s full speed and your User Experience.
We have gathered information to get you some ways to boost your processing speed. It is quite simple to make your PC work like new, You just need to follow these methods to boost your processing speed:-
Steps mentioned in this article are generally referred for windows but methods could be same for other OS users.
Here Are Some Ways To Boost Your Processing Speed.
1. Clear Temporary Files.
Clearing temporary files is necessary to boost your system speed. You can delete your temporary file by following the steps :
- Run the Run application by either typing Windows Key + r or by navigating to Start -> Windows Systems-> Run.
- Type the command Tempand delete all files in this folder.
- And then type %temp% and delete all files in this folder also.
2. Disk Defragmentation.
Disk Defragmentation is very important to boost your PC speed. What happens is after long usage and constant addition and deletion of data therefore cause fragmentation in the disk and it is very important to defragment it.
You can defragment your disk by following these steps. In windows 10 Simply search for Defragmentation to open Disk Defragmentation tool in the search box available on the Taskbar.
In other windows go to Control Panel and select Administrative tools and then select Defragment and Optimise device tool.
3. Keep your C drive as empty as you can.
Try not to save any unnecessary files except important software in c drive and if you have any files already stored move them to other drives. Yeah, it is very convenient to simply drag and drop a file directly to the desktop but it costs your system speed.
4. Disable unnecessary Startup Programs.
Disabling unnecessary startup programs lowers burden on your pc. These startup apps take a huge part of your processor’s resources when your pc boots up. You can disable them by using these steps.
- Press Windows key + r.
- Now in the Open field type “msconfig” .
- Select Startup Tab.
- Uncheck all unnecessary services and apply the changes.
5. Change your Power Setting to Performance Mode.
Many of you may know this method but still, some don’t. Changing your battery setting in laptop helps a lot in gaining better performance speed but your battery’s life may decrease. Follow these steps to boost your processing speed.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Battery Options.
- Select Battery plan to High Performance.
This option has been disabled in Windows 10 because they have added it to the battery indicator in the notification panel.
6. Change your Animation setting for Best Performance.
You can minimise your system’s animation in order to each drop of your processor’s speed. This option is not that effective because it is only useful when you want to utilise full strength of your processor, This can be done by the following steps.
- Open the System Information window either by selecting properties option by right-clicking on the My Computer icon on the desktop or by Selecting System option in the Control Panel.
- In the left-hand side, you will see several options, Select Advance System Settings.
- Now The First option will be Performance in this section a Setting option is available to select Settings
- A new window will appear in this window you can see several options some are Checked and some are Unchecked. Most importantly Uncheck all to get maximum processing speed.
7. Delete Apps Residue manually.
Deleting Reaming folders of uninstalled apps is a good practice. And it should be done in order to lower the burden on your computer and will boost your processing speed.
8. Uninstall Unnecessary Apps.
Uninstalling Unnecessary Apps option is always effective and should be practiced even when your PC is not slowing down.And this one of Some ways to Boost your Processing Speed.
9. Don’t Use Antivirus services.
Many of you may have already considered it a foolish option but believe me, if you have a low-end PC or you have fewer gigs of ram installed on your PC then remove anti-virus service.
Antiviruses are of generally very big sizes and they require a lot of system resources and they also keep running in the background decreasing your processor speed.
You should have to be a little careful while using a PC without antivirus but it won’t affect that much unless you download an untrusted software and have too much work with USBs especially of unknown person’s.
So these were some ways to boost your processing speed. You guys can also use them even after your PC is not having some serious issues in order to keep it maintained.