WhatsApp is scheduled to get two different dark mode options on the iPhone soon. Dark theme for Android is on the company’s mind too, but we have no idea when would that happen. However, you can use WhatsApp in dark mode, here is how you can enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web-
Before enabling dark mode on WhatsApp web, we should first learn how to open it on your browser. Follow the simple steps given below and enjoy WhatsApp on your browser!
- Open Whatsapp on your mobile phone, tap on the upper right corner of the screen and select “WhatsApp Web”.
- You will see a QR code scanner.
- To start WhatsApp Web, go to web.whatsapp.com on your computer and you will see a QR code there.
- Scan that QR code using the QR code scanner on your mobile phone and you can now successfully use WhatsApp web.
After successfully opening WhatsApp web, here is how you can enable the dark mode. As of now, the trick only works on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so make sure you have the latest versions of them.
How to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web
- First, you need to install Stylus extension and a separate theme for it.
- After installation, get the theme by clicking “install style”.
- Load the Whatsapp web and enjoy the Dark version on Google Chrome
- Install the stylus from Mozilla official website.
- Install the dark theme and your dark version of WhatsApp Web is now activated.
After using it for a while, it appears that it does not improve its readability in daylight but it does not make it worse either. However, it will be in a different state at late night when the lights are off.
The beneficial thing about stylus is that it lets you easily switch between dark mode and normal mode by just clicking a button, Simply click on the stylus symbol at the upper right corner of your program, and tick “Turn all styles off” on or off.
Are you facing any problems while enabling dark mode on WhatsApp Web, let us know in the comments below.